HJ Drafting | Specialized design | 3D Printing
At HJ Drafting we create the services or products you can’t find anywhere else. Our services range from custom and specialized designs of unique or one-off products to replacement components for anything from cars to radio-controlled toys. Also on offer is our 3D printing services for all your printing needs. We are based in Pretoria, Gauteng, and walk-ins are welcome.
We are also available for Zoom/ Google Meet meetings by appointment for your comfort.
HJ Drafting was founded by qualified tool and jig maker Johan Marais after trying to source replacement parts for certain projects and not being able to find any. In doing research, Johan found that he wasn’t alone. Using his qualification, combined with 14 years of experience in CAD (Computer-Aided Design) and 3D design he decided to solve this problem by creating the products himself.
Johan’s passion for design and scrupulous attention to detail combined with strong persistence will leave you with the perfect product every time.
We do 3D printing in various colours up to a size of 200mm x 200mm x 180mm. You can supply files to be printed or we can design the files needed.
Design and development of specialized products
- Product design to suit your specific needs. Anything from custom electronic enclosures to quick release wall brackets etc.
- We also do replacement parts for classic cars like indicator lenses, small plastic fittings, brackets and bushes. We can do various adaptors and customized parts like gear lever knobs or wheel centre caps to name a few.
Design and development of special projects
Some of our past unique projects included:
- Mini ITX computer case with a volume of less than 10 liters
- Macro keypad with analog thumb stick and rotary knob
- Radio-controlled buggy converted to on-road race car
and various others.